Friday, January 1, 2010

Can I tell you something...

I have a friend who lives here in LA, however hails from Boston, Mass. One of my favorite phrases that he uses is to start off a statement or story with, "Hey, can I tell you something." That statement may be groundbreaking and it could be as simple as what a nice day it is outside. I guess I like having something to look forward to and that statement lets me know that something good is coming. So...can I tell you something.
I love the people from Ohio State and University of Oregon. We asked them to open their hearts (which is an indirect way of asking to open your pocketbook) to our local humane society here in Pasadena. We hoped to create a little extra buzz around the Rose Bowl festivities and maybe raise a little money in the process, however the response we received was anything but little. We witnessed people buying 20 tickets at a time to win a pretty great football, however were more interested in helping out an organization which in turn helps out animals who can't help themselves. Even with having to spend a lot of hard-earned money on Rose Bowl tickets, travel to get to Pasadena and entertainment during their trip, they still gave without hesitation.

We ended up raising over $400 for the Humane Society, which might not seem like a lot, but please take note that our hotel only has 314 guest rooms and each raffle ticket was only $1. So this means that we had 400 separate entries that came together.
It is our hope that Oregon and Ohio State return to Pasadena again. These have been wonderful people who both deserve to have their team win today. I hope they know what a difference they have helped make to a community that is their's for only a few days, but that will remember them fondly always.

Go Buckeyes and Go Ducks! The best of luck to you both today.

No comments:

Post a Comment