Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Rain can't slow us down...


Its Tuesday morning and SoCal is getting its first rain of the season. The hotel is running well, with all of our guests grabbing a quick bite to eat before heading out into the weather. Most likely, a good part of our guests are prepared, however we do lend out umbrellas at our Front Desk on the honor system. In other words, if you don't return it, we honor you by coming by your room in the evening to collect our umbrella. Just kidding. We're a little nicer than that.

On the homeowner side, one thing I've found is that there is always something to do. While I was an apartment dweller, there was no yard work, roofing repairs or walls to paint. I never even thought of those things. Since moving into a house, I can't get a break. Every time I look around, I see something else I want to do...something I want to improve. Normally, though, its the regular routine maintenance that takes up time. But that's changing. And I'm bringing this blog along with me. You'll get to experience all of my home improvements from the before to the after. I will include pictures and progress reports. The only thing you won't have access to are all of the bad words that come with me trying to do home improvements.

My first one that I'm working on isn't even a home improvement, but more a practice run at wood working. My wife's sister has this crazy cat that I've offered to build a cat tree for. For those of you who do not know, a cat tree is basically a skeleton of wood and parts that is then covered with carpet that creates a resort area for the kitty. There are two advantages to this first project of mine. Number one is that its giving me good practice with sawing, drilling and nailing wood pieces together, along with working with a hot glue gun. Number two, is that since I'm a beginner and this thing may turn out to not be structurally sound, that crazy cat might finally get what's coming to him.
That last part is a joke, as that cat weighs about 8 pounds and this structure I'm building can probably hold a Buick. So we're safe.
I'll post the before pictures and keep a running count of bad words until we get to the after.

Have a great rainy Tuesday and be careful driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment