Monday, October 19, 2009

U2 and the Happy Cat


Its Monday morning in Pasadena at our hotel, the Courtyard Old Pasadena. The sun is taking a little while to get up and going, but the weather outside is nice and cool, so we'll take it for now, as I'm sure the sun will be out shortly.

We had a good busy weekend with our Cal Berkeley and UCLA fans in over the weekend. There's nothing like being in an area that hosts college football games on a regular basis. Our hotel is super convenient as we're just across the street from one of the overflow parking lots for the Rose Bowl, so our guests literally walk across the street and down a block and jump on the shuttle.


With the last UCLA home game for October past us, we move on to the big U2 concert this weekend. We are still in disbelief of the fan following that U2 has. The Rose Bowl concert is their only stop in Southern California and it shows. We are on track for one of our busiest weekends other than the Rose Bowl game itself, so it should be very exciting. For those of you who haven't heard, the concert is next Sunday, Oct 25th, and I believe the Black Eyed Peas are the opening act. It should be a great show.


The homefront saw the completion of my project, the cat tree. I can't tell you how exciting I know all of this sounds after writing about college football, a U2 concert and now on to....a cat tree. For those of you with cats, you'll know that the first two topics are of no interest, but the last is an endless source of relaxation and entertainment.

I started working on the carpet around 3 o'clock on Saturday afternoon; I was done by 8 o'clock. I'd never worked with a hot glue gun before, but now am fairly experienced. I also have a couple of scars where the glue kept coming when I had it over a hand or arm; but nothing that will last.

I've not decided on what will be the next project, but its looking like a wooden gate to replace a chain link one at the house. And no, the leak hasn't been fixed yet from the skylight. I'm hoping to gain the assistance of our Chief Engineer with that one.
An any homeowner will say, your work is never ever ever done.

No comments:

Post a Comment